The National Citizens Alliance (NCA) Founding Document, Section 18.03 Education
The NCA recognizes the importance of education for a healthy, functional, and productive society. NCA policies will support public education, increased access to vocational and higher education, and increased quality of education. NCA members believe that education in some form is a lifelong pursuit for many Canadians. The NCA prioritizes realistic hands-on, basic life skills related education, because it will create a more cohesive society, improve individual productivity and increase the gross domestic product.
In order to bring these visions for Canadian education to fruition, the National Citizens Alliance supporting the following:
● Respecting the constitutional arrangement giving the provinces jurisdiction over the public delivery of education in Canada within the constitutional limit of “peace, order, and good government”
● Encouraging the provinces to keep religion out of the schools and not provide any accommodation to any religion, ideology, or way of life
● Encouraging any other level of government to not push sexual identity politics on our children and parents
● Partnering with the provinces in providing student loans and grants to students for post-secondary studies at universities, colleges, as well as technical and vocational institutes
● Creating forums for public online input on educational issues, which are accessible to all Canadians
● Tailoring some of the federal education funding to relevant policies such as how Canadian families and businesses can reduce their carbon footprints and important health issues
Created: 2014-04-01; last updated: 2017-09-06
The NCA membership did not vote on this policy because it is part of the NCA Founding Document.
The NCA welcomes feedback on its policies. Please send policy feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org