The National Citizens Alliance (NCA) believes that the federal government including elected officials and bureaucrats must serve the Canadian people and no one else.
The United Nations was created on October 24, 1945, in the wake of World War II. The primary purpose of the United Nations is to encourage peace through organized dialogue between countries and establish consensus of nations on various issues, including the UN Declaration on Human Rights.
However, over time, the United Nations has become a massively bureaucratic globalist organization, and it has been subjected to special interest influence and tyranny of the majority of members. For example, in 2015 Saudi Arabia despite its troubling human rights record was elected to Chair of the UN Human Rights Council, and in 2017, Saudi Arabia was elected to the UN Women Rights Commission. In addition, the world with the United Nations in it has become an increasingly dangerous place with the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, weaponry, and spread of terrorism.
The National Citizens Alliance believes that the United Nations is no longer entirely in the best interests of the Canadian people. In addition, the National Citizens Alliance rejects the federal government using hundreds of millions of tax dollars and putting the Canadian Armed Forces in unnecessary harms way in order to attain a non-veto seat on the UN Security Council. Currently, the federal government is spending around $163 per Canadian per year on foreign aid tied to the United Nations.
As mentioned, the National Citizens Alliance believes that the federal government’s primary duty and responsibility is serving the Canadian people. The needs of the Canadian people must be adequately addressed before providing aid to foreign countries and peoples, barring extreme crisis in another country. There are many Canadians such as our seniors, homeless, veterans, unemployed, who are in significant need. The Canadian people should and must come first.
The National Citizens Alliance supports the following:
● Ceasing all voluntary funding to the United Nations and its affiliates
● Reducing mandatory payments to the UN regular budget if the UN does not take concrete steps to address its internal issues, biases, and failed policies in continents like Africa and the Middle East
● Spending zero tax dollars on attaining a rotating two-term seat on the Security Council
● Reviewing all UN declarations, covenants, agreements, treaties and conventions that Canada is signatory to, and only supporting ones that are in the best interests of the Canadian people
● Putting a moratorium on all UN peacekeeping operations that involve Canadian participation
● Exiting from the United Nations in entirety if that is the will of the Canadian people through a binding national referendum
● Redirect all savings from reduced expenditure on the United Nations to paying off the growing federal debt that is in excess of $658 + billion.
Created: 2016-12-24; last updated: 2018-11-26
The United Nations policy statement requires a vote of the NCA membership to be adopted. A minimum 70 percent voting membership must support the policy and with a 50 percent quorum of voting membership as per the NCA Constitution (2014).
The NCA welcomes feedback on its policies. Please send policy feedback to email@example.com